New temporary secure taxi ranks will be rolled out across the Sydney CBD to help people move around this summer as part of the NSW Government Sydney CBD revitalisation program.
Point to Point Transport Commissioner, Anthony Wing said more people are ready to get back into the CBD and we are providing easy access to taxis for safe and efficient travel.
“Secure ranks are available across the state with security guards on duty at select locations at peak times to ensure driver and passenger safety,” Commissioner Wing said.
“Five new secure taxi ranks will be set up and a number of already established ranks will see extended secure rank timings over Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from Thursday 3 December.
“Two new secure taxi ranks will be set up on Bridge Street, while others will be set up on Market Street, Liverpool Street and Kent Street.
“We are targeting popular areas in the CBD, so if you are heading out for Christmas late night shopping, enjoying the alfresco dining or meeting friends and family for a meal, you will be able to find quick and safe transport options nearby.”
Mr Wing said by adding in new secure taxi ranks and extending secure rank timings customers will enjoy organised and staffed taxi ranks.
“This means customers can access a taxi with security guards on duty at ranks, ensuring a safe environment for both customers and drivers,” Commissioner Wing said.
The five new secure taxi ranks can be found at:
- 4 Bridge Street, northside, between George and Pitt Streets
- 17 Bridge Street, southside between George and Pitt Streets
- 61 Market Street, between Pitt and Castlereagh Streets
- 115 Liverpool Street, between George and Pitt Streets
- 475 Kent Street, between Druitt and Bathurst Streets
These taxi ranks will be in operation on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 10pm to 5am.
Extended secure rank timings can be found at:
- 201 Sussex Street (outside Healthline Pharmacy, Darling Park Centre
- Bathurst Street, west of George Street outside St Andrew’s Cathedral
- 18a Martin Place, between Martin Place and Hunter Street, near Angel Place
- Darling Harbour, northern end of Lime Street
- Darling Harbour, Slip Lane (Iron Wharf Place, between Harbourside Shopping Centre and International Convention Centre)
- Loftus Street, between Bridge Street and Reiby Place, Circular Quay
- 43-57 Goulburn Street Haymarket
- 12 Argyle Street, The Rocks (opposite Clock Tower Square Shopping Centre)
- 262 Pitt Street, between Park Street and Bathurst Street, near Park Street
Secure rank timings for these ranks will be on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 10pm to 5am.
More information can be found at https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/safety-security/safe-travel-in-taxis-hire-vehicles/secure-taxi-ranks