The new Northern Beaches Hospital at Frenchs Forest opened on 30 October 2018. Major construction continues to upgrade the roads around the new Northern Beaches Hospital to increase capacity on the road network and improved access through the area, including for pedestrians and cyclists.
Changed traffic conditions along Warringah Road at Frenchs Forest between 8pm Monday 6 and 5am Monday 20 January.
- There will be lane closures along Warringah Road as we progress work on the Northern Beaches Hospital road upgrade. Lane closures include
- one eastbound lane from Maxwell Parade to Allambie Road
- one westbound lane from Allambie Road to Wakehurst Parkway
- To minimise impact on the Northern Beaches community the Warringah Road lane closures are taking place during the January school holidays when traffic volumes are lower.
- By completing this work over a two week period during the school holidays we are minimising the impact to traffic and avoiding weeks of lane closures over multiple and consecutive nights and weekends.
- Potential congestion and delays are expected on Warringah Road and other roads in the area, especially during week day peaks.
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead, allow extra travel time and use alternative routes and to plan ahead by visiting livetraffic.com or by calling 132 701.
Warringah Road at Frenchs Forest Road East
Traffic changes will be in place from Wednesday 29 May 2019 at the intersection of Warringah Road and Frenchs Forest Road East.
- Warringah Road eastbound will open to three lanes from Frenchs Forest Road East.
- Traffic lights will be introduced at the intersection of Frenchs Forest Road East and Warringah Road
- The bus-only right turn lane on Warringah Road westbound into Frenchs Forest Road East will be operational controlled by the new traffic lights.
- There may be traffic delays in the area including on Frenchs Forest Road East, Warringah Road and Allambie Road
- Motorists travelling eastbound on Warringah Road should take extra care and be prepared to stop when approaching the intersection of Frenchs Forest Road East.
Warringah Road and Frenchs Forest Road East intersection
Stage 2 of the Warringah Road upgrade is continuing, with westbound and eastbound traffic running on new lanes. Work is now underway on the 1.3 kilometre Warringah Road underpass.
For information on other work in your area, visit the RMS project page.