The new Northern Beaches Hospital at Frenchs Forest opened on 30 October 2018. Major construction continues to upgrade the roads around the new Northern Beaches Hospital to increase capacity on the road network and improved access through the area, including for pedestrians and cyclists.
Warringah Road at Frenchs Forest Road East
Traffic changes will be in place from Wednesday 29 May 2019 at the intersection of Warringah Road and Frenchs Forest Road East.
- Warringah Road eastbound will open to three lanes from Frenchs Forest Road East.
- Traffic lights will be introduced at the intersection of Frenchs Forest Road East and Warringah Road
- The bus-only right turn lane on Warringah Road westbound into Frenchs Forest Road East will be operational controlled by the new traffic lights.
- There may be traffic delays in the area including on Frenchs Forest Road East, Warringah Road and Allambie Road
- Motorists travelling eastbound on Warringah Road should take extra care and be prepared to stop when approaching the intersection of Frenchs Forest Road East.
Warringah Road and Frenchs Forest Road East intersection
Stage 2 of the Warringah Road upgrade is continuing, with westbound and eastbound traffic running on new lanes. Work is now underway on the 1.3 kilometre Warringah Road underpass.
For information on other work in your area, visit the RMS project page.