Inner West customers will benefit from more frequent services and improved reliability on key routes, with bus network improvements making way for 280 additional weekly services between Kingsgrove, Burwood, Chiswick and the city from 30 September.
The service boost includes new 24-hour overnight services, operating seven days a week on route 423 between Kingsgrove and the city via Earlwood, Marrickville, Enmore and Newtown, providing new nighttime travel opportunities.
In addition to NightRide services, new overnight bus services will be introduced on key routes and later Saturday night departures from the city – a big help for shift workers and those travelling after 10pm.
Weekday AM and PM shoulder peak services and weekend daytime services will also be boosted, with more than 180 additional weekly services between Burwood and the city on route 461.
There will also be more frequent late evening services on route 504 between the city and Chiswick, with services operating every 30 minutes, and later departures on weeknights and Saturday nights.
Customers travelling between Sydney Airport and Eastgardens and between Mascot Station and Kingsford will benefit from increased service frequency, as a result of the introduction of new route 420 and changes to existing route 418.
Transit Systems began operating bus services in the Inner West, including introducing a new, permanent On Demand Public Transport service on 1 July.
The boost in services comes as Transit Systems reported improved network performance for customers with better on time running, fewer cancellations and growth in On Demand patronage.
Recent data shows the daily average of cancelled trips per day fell from about 128 to 18 between 1 July and 6 August - an improvement of about 85 per cent compared with the previous month (June).
Service adjustments from Sunday 30 September 2018:
- Route 400 will run between Sydney Airport (International Terminal) and Bondi Junction via Eastgardens.
- New route 420 will replace route 400 between Burwood and Eastgardens, operating via Sydney Airport. New overnight services will be numbered 420N.
- Customers travelling beyond Eastgardens can change between routes 400 and 420 at Eastgardens.
- Route 410 will no longer operate. Alternative services will be provided on routes 400 and 420.
- Route 418 will run between Burwood and Kingsford.
- New route 357 will run between Mascot Station and Bondi Junction via Kingsford and Randwick.
- Customers travelling beyond Kingsford can change between routes 418 and 357 at Kingsford.
Customers are advised to plan ahead at transportnsw.info.