Try travelling outside of peak times
Travelling outside of peak times can make for a more comfortable and efficient commute.
Public transport services are generally less busy outside of peak hours; improving safety and physical distancing compliance and can help you maintain a better work/life balance.
Emerging trends throughout 2021 have shown that more commuters heading into the Sydney CBD are surrounds have similar commuting habits.
Key commuting trends of 2021:
- Busiest days for commuters are Tuesday to Thursday
- Busiest times for commuters are 8am to 9am and 3pm to 6pm
Simple solutions to improve the way you travel and avoid the peak can include things such as:
- Shifted your commuting time by as little as 15 minutes which has shown that services can be half as full
- Spreading your office working days to the quieter days of the week such as Mondays and Fridays
- Starting your work day later or earlier to do before or after work social, cultural or physical activities
- Splitting your office work day up with a ‘hybrid work day’ where you come into the office for part of the day
Use our range of travel planning tools to check capacity, plan ahead and see when services are busy. Check these out here: