The Crescent, Annandale – full closure from 30 August
From 6am Monday 30 August, The Crescent will be in closed in both directions between City West Link and Johnston Street in Annandale for around two weeks until 6am Saturday 11 September while Rozelle Interchange upgrades continue. Buses will be managed through the closure in both directions. See closure map below.
Motorists should plan ahead and use the available detour routes.
Motorists travelling to the city can detour via local roads in Pyrmont or via Parramatta Rd. Motorists travelling to Balmain/Drummoyne can detour via Balmain Rd and Darling St or City West Link. See map below for detour routes.
This work has been fast tracked to facilitate road construction during the day instead of at night while traffic volumes are low, reducing noisy night works and impacts to local residents. One northbound lane on The Crescent has been closed since Saturday 3 July and one southbound lane on The Crescent has been closed since Sunday 8 August.
- To Balmain/Drummoyne: detour via Balmain Rd and Darling St or City West Link.
- To City: detour via Parramatta Rd or through Pyrmont via Booth St, Bridge Rd and Pyrmont Bridge Rd.
ROAD CHANGES APPROACHING IRON COVE BRIDGE, ROZELLE
As of Tuesday 18 May, westbound lanes on Victoria Road approaching the Iron Cove Bridge, Drummoyne have shifted slightly. Drivers now travel on a new section of road and will notice a change in road alignment.
This is a permanent change.
- The Victoria Road westbound lanes will move slightly to the Iron Cove Link tunnel entry and exit when the Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link project is complete.
- The new shared user path along Victoria Road is now open (see yellow line above).
- Vehicles turning right onto Terry Street are required to merge into the turn lane earlier (see pink line above).
The Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link
The Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link is a new underground motorway interchange which will provide connectivity to City West Link and the new M4 and new M5 (known as the M8) tunnels, bypassing Victoria Road between the Iron Cove Bridge and the Anzac Bridge.
The tunnel from Iron Cove Bridge to Anzac Bridge will be a toll free tunnel, bypassing traffic lights along Victoria Road. Completion date is scheduled for December 2023.
For updates on the project, sign up to the mailing list via Rozelle Interchange
For the latest conditions on the road network visit livetraffic.com
For more information on the Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link visit westconnex.com.au