WestConnex is the largest transport infrastructure project in Australia and a critical part of the NSW Government’s integrated transport solution, providing public transport and road infrastructure to keep Sydney moving. It will increase the capacity of the M4 and M5 corridors and provide a vital underground link between the two motorways.
- widened the M4 between Parramatta and Homebush, creating an even faster way to bypass 28 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road
- extended the M4, with twin underground tunnels from Homebush to Haberfield
- created smoother road surfaces and new access points to the new M4 between Parramatta and Homebush
- lengthened the on and off-ramps at the King Georges Road M5 interchange, providing more capacity and reducing congestion for motorists.
- double road capacity along the M5 East corridor with the M8 underground tunnels running between St Peters and Kingsgrove
- join these underground routes together via the M4–M5 Link tunnel to form a seamless motorway without traffic lights
- provide a western bypass of the Sydney CBD; and
- provide connections to the future Western Harbour Tunnel, Beaches Link, M6 extension and major international gateways at Sydney Airport and Port Botany.
Distance based tolls apply to the M8 tunnels and the existing M5 East motorway so remember to visit the toll calculator and be tag ready.
Find more project and tolling information and to plan your journey at westconnex.com.au
For the most up to date traffic information visit www.livetraffic.com or call the 132 701 Traffic Information Line.
Follow on social media: